Trailtalk

Western Australia's premier trails social network

Gear (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Food on the track

Hi folks I am in need of some more information about end to enders I will be leaving in May and need some advice. I am 5 foot 5 and weigh a…

Started by Deborah Woodeson

1 Feb 2
Reply by Alex Williams

The best stoves to use on an end to ender.

Hi folks this is more of a Q&A as I plan to walk the track with a friend starting May 2014 I am looking to carry the least weight possi…

19 Dec 7, 2013
Reply by Karen Dowling

Best filters and hydration

Hi can anyone give me there input on the best water filters to use for an and to end in May. Also your thoughts on bottles versus camel pac…

2 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Alex Williams

Tips and Tricks for Packing your Pack

There is no exact way to pack a backpack, but there are some general guidelines that will make it easier for you to access what you need, w…

Started by Trailtalk Admin

1 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by Andrew (Aushiker)

Need to fix or modify your outdoor equipment? This may help!

Just heard about a product called Sugru which can be used to repair hiking boots,  patch up punctures in thermarests or gore-tex rain gear,…

Started by Trailtalk Admin

3 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Linda Daniels

Gators: worth getting in Winter?

In August this year, I'm going to be walking from Pemberton to Albany, which for me will be the final leg of the Bibbulmun track. My first…

Started by Chris B

2 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Karen Dowling

A bike with no derailer

If you have ever snapped a rear derailer, you know the feeling of despair of ruining a good ride and walking back to the car.  I look forwa…

Started by John Wallace

0 Nov 30, 2011

Keeping socks dry

At the end of a hard day's trek I always end up with wet socks as a consequence of my feet sweating. In summer it's no problem to only take…

Started by Chris B

2 Sep 14, 2011
Reply by Amanda Hudson

Ultralight hiking

Hi All, My name is Mark, I run two sites, one providing hiking information in WA and the other is focused on Ultra light Hiking. The link…

Started by Mark McLauchlin

1 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Trailtalk Admin

Trail runners

A couple of years ago I bought my first pair of trail runners. They quickly became my favourite shoes. Salamon xa pro was the shoe I think.…

Started by Jeremy Beauglehole

1 Nov 2, 2010
Reply by Mark McLauchlin

RSS

Quick Links

Latest discussions

User Guide

TrailTalk User Guide For Groups.pdf

If you're a member of a group (which can be formal, or just a group of friends you go hiking/riding with), then you're welcome to create a group on this site to arrange events, share photos and keep in touch with your members. Enjoy!

© 2014   Created by Trailtalk.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service