Trailtalk

Western Australia's premier trails social network

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had done the 27km Kattamordo Trail recently? From the research I have done it was a bicentennial project that wasn't well promoted once the internet age came upon us. Looking at the brouchure I found on google from 1998, most of the trail has been converted to bits of the Munda Biddi and other mountain bike trails.

Would love to attempt it but believe it wouldn't be that much fun if I had to dodge mountain bikers all the time. I know I don't like them on walking trails so I'm guessing they don't like us on theirs.

Regards

Mark

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

did you get an answer Mark i was looking at doing this walk as well.

Karen

Hi Karen,

I did end up doing it and it was a blast. Went the wrong way a couple of times but that's all part of the fun.

thelifeofpy.com/kattamordo-heritage-trail if you want to see what it is like.

Otherwise email me at thelifeofpy@gmail.com and I can send you a GPX file so you can better plan your hike.

Thanks Mark got all the details from google earth i was trying to work out myself was pretty close to your route, haha...yep plenty of places to tent in bush as well so I can halve it just need to carry a bit more water thats all.

thanks for your help

karen

one more question Mark is the trail marked?

In places the original markers are still there but I wouldn't rely on them being there all the time. After the orchard there are plenty and along Mundaring Weir Rd up to Mundaring there are some.

ok thanks haha

RSS

© 2017   Created by Trailtalk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service